Completion of this 1-hour virtual recorded event & exam will result in a certificate for 1 continuing education unit through the Center for Guardianship Certification (CGC).
Diagnosis is not an automatic signal for guardianship. In this presentation, we examine the Britney Spears debacle, compare it to other diagnosed adults, and explore the appropriateness of alternative solutions including limited guardianship and supported decision-making.
1. Participants will learn from the story of this accomplished performer whose diagnosis resulted in unfair and inhumane treatment
2. Participants will realign the diagnosis trajectory with guardianship alternatives that protect human rights
3. Participants will discuss how the #freebritney movement may impact court-appointed guardianships across the country and what can be done to prevent mass misunderstanding
- Overprotected: Guardianship Overreach & Alternatives Video
- CEU EXAM for OVERPROTECTED
- 8 Categories of Human Rights Job Aid.pdf
- Functional Assessment Tool for Guardians.pdf
- The Guardian's Role CARD Approach.pdf
- Training Survey